Call for proposals 2022
Senseable Stockholm Lab - Kista Initiative
In the SSL-Kista Initiative, the Senseable Stockholm Lab joins forces with Kista Science City with the aim to start a new era of research and education on digitalization and sustainable urban solutions in Kista; combining the cutting-edge research on cities, IoT and AI of the Senseable Stockholm Lab with the deep knowledge of the world-leading companies in the Kista ecosystem.
The Senseable Stockholm Lab (SSL), inaugurated in March 2019, is a collaboration between KTH, MIT, the City of Stockholm and the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce with further financial support from Newsec AB. The vision of Senseable Stockholm Lab is to perform challenge-driven research and to develop new knowledge, methods and tools that increase the understanding of the natural and built environment of cities, in order to create a sustainable urban experience that helps and enables people, institutions, nature and infrastructure to interact and connect.
The three thematic areas for research that have been identified to meet the aims described above are:
- Sensing the city – sensing data related to the city’s environment
- Intelligent city resilience, security and privacy – sensing social interactions via data exchange
- Governance with AI and Big Data
• Submission deadline for Executive summary: previously 20 September 2022 - changed to new deadline 14 October 2022
• Notification of evaluation of Executive summary: previously 5 October 2022 - changed to new deadline 21 October 2022
• Full proposal deadline: previously 5 November 2022 - changed to new deadline 21 November 2022
• Expected start of projects: previously 15 November 2022 - changed to new deadline 1 December 2022